Psalm 133:3 declares,”From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the LORD is to be praised.” We need to be praising and shouting the name of the Lord! He is to be praised for His mighty works. It is beyond our mind how great our Lord is!
Isaiah 45:6 says,”That men may know from the rising to the setting of the sun that there is no one besides Me. I am the LORD, and there is no other.” There is no one else for us, but the Alpha & Omega, Beginning & the End, Jehovah Jireh, El Shaddai, The Rock, Author & Finisher, Author of Peace, Bread of Life, Counselor, Creator, God of all grace, &I AM THAT I AM. He is definitely all powerful and an all loving Father. He cares for you and don’t ever think for a minute that He is not El Shaddai (God Almighty)!
8 Benefits of the Power of Praise:
Praise gets our focus off ourselves and back on God. He desires our eyes be set firmly on Him, because that's where our true hope is found. He is worthy of our praise, no matter what we face from day to day. Psalm 150:2 says, “Praise him for his mighty deeds; praise him according to his excellent greatness!” Psalm 35:28 declares ”And my tongue shall speak of your righteousness and of your praise all the day long.”
2. Praise brings us to a place of humility. We need to remember that we need Him and without Him we don’t know where we would be in life. As we praise Him as Creator and King of this world, we admit and recognize that we’re not in control, but He is. He is above all things.
Psalm 95:2-3 says,“Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise! For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods.”
Psalm 35:18 declares,”I will give you thanks in the great congregation: I will praise you among much people.”
3. Praise makes the enemy flee. Evil will not stick around if we’re praising our God. He will fight our battles for us.
4. Praise leaves no room for complaining and negativity. God knows our hearts. And He cares about all that concerns us. Through praise, we’re focused on Him, no longer allowing too much attention to be centered around our struggles. We’re reminded that He knows what concerns us, and is capable of taking care of all that burdens us. Psalm 103:2-4 says,”Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy.”
5. Praise makes room for God’s blessings over our lives. Praise opens the gateway of blessing as we come into the Presence of our King. Psalm 100:4 says,“Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!”
6. Praise invites His presence. God dwells close to us when we praise Him. 1 Peter 2:9 says,”But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who has called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.”
7. Our spirits are refreshed and renewed in His presence. When we are praising His name our hearts our renewed and refreshed.. Psalm 16:11says, “In His presence, there is fullness of joy.” Psalm. 63:3-4 declares,”Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.”
8. It Show’s God’s Power. God desires our heart. He wants to know us and have a relationship with us. He wants intimacy with us. He wants to bless us even more that we can imagine! When we praise the Lord it brings us closer with our Father!
I challenge you this week to praise the Lord with all your heart. He desires us to praise Him. Let’s become closer with our Father through Praise! Let’s open our mouths & shout His name!!